Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Meeting Mr. Fabulous

Have you ever watched the movie Practical Magic with Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman? It's one of my favorites. I absolutely love it. I love when Sandra Bullock's character creates her true love spell for the guy that she thinks doesn't exist. Only he does and he eventually finds her and well, a whole bunch of stuff happens and he eventually comes to love her. Total chick movie. And I can watch it over and over again without shame.

It got me thinking. Though, I am not longer a relationship blogger or web columnist and lack any real desire to blog about my experiences, I still do think about what it is going to be like when I go fall in love again and hopefully the next time will be with the right person. Which then today got me to thinking what I want the right person to be like.

In college, my room mate and I wrote out these long lists of what we thought we wanted in our true loves. I held onto it for years, but I think I have since thrown it away in the great ex boyfriend stuff purge of 2012.

On Easter, my uncle I think got me so mad for the first time ever in life. It's kind of hard to get mad at my uncle, but the last thing I wanted to talk about on Easter was my love life. And he went right for it and made a joke about how I should stop dating tall guys and find myself a nice short guy because maybe what I am attracted to and want isn't what is going to make me happy. I quite literally wanted to deck him over the Easter ham as he went on about women he knew that found guys different to what they thought and couldn't be happier. I promptly told him, then that's great for them, I'm glad settling suits them.

Conversation, over.

But that's the thing, my guy is tall. And he's darker featured and he has facial hair. Think Alcide from True Blood.




He's creative in his own way. He knows how to think outside the box and find different approaches to things. He's good at building and fixing things, he enjoys doing that.

He plays music, but in the way that he does not in anyway shape or form have some dead end dream about being a famous rocker boy. Instead, it's something that he does for the fun of it and the enjoyment rather than the unrealistic ideal that he'll one day be the next Van Halen.

He went to college. And maybe even graduate school. He's ambitious and driven to make a good life for himself where he can support himself and be comfortable.

He believes in God, but not in some nut-so fanatic way, but in the way that he truly knows that there is a higher power and that we do come from that.

He shares my sense of humor and can play it back with equally snappy sarcasm.

He's tender and kind. He can anticipate my needs. He's calmer than I am so when I get all wound up like I do, he knows how to handle it and not get all wound up with me.

He can talk to me about anything and I with him. And even with the hard stuff, it's really not hard because we can make jokes about it with ease.

We have fun just being together, even if we're doing nothing at all.

And he plays with my hair until I fall asleep and holds me while he does it, letting me drift off on his chest.

Most importantly, he believes in family and wants one of his own someday, one that includes me and the potential for children eventually.

And from the moment he meets me, he thinks enough of me to treat me with respect and make me a priority in his life. Spending time with me and getting to know everything that makes me well, me!

When he does spend time with me, he makes me feel protected and cared for. He does things like walking me to my door, opening car doors for me and walking me into a place. As independent as I am, I just love when a guy does that. It makes me feel good.

And he's out there, he just hasn't found his way to me just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment