Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Book Review: Allison Hewitt is Trapped by Madeleine Roux

Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good zombie book, movie or blog. I even write a fiction blog about a teacher trying to survive the zombie apocalypse (msburtonsclass.com).

So, I was pretty excited for when I found Allison Hewitt is Trapped. The book actually started out as a blog (there's hope for me yet!) that was eventually published. I didn't catch it in it's blog form, but it supposedly was a big deal because the way that she wrote it made it more of an interactive zombie experience.

There are some massive plot holes in the book, like the lap-top that will not die and the military internet (I went that route too :/) that never seems to go down, but overall that's easy to overlook.

Roux makes the zombie apocalypse funny because the heroine she creates is sarcastic and witty. We watch her work from the bookstore, across town battling the Undead and horrible people, into an encampment where she has to face ultimate crazies and the long-lost wife of the guy she falls for in the midst of survival. It's all fast-paced and quickly read, but enjoyable the whole way through.

Allison Hewitt is Trapped is a must-read for any zombie fan. Just you know, beware the zombified squirrels!

Score: 5 out of 5
Book Information: Allison Hewitt is Trapped by Madeleine Roux is available for purchase through amazon with ISBN 0312658907 from St. Martin's Griffin. It was originally published on January 18, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment