Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Hiatus

Five years ago I took a hiatus from dating and well from life as a whole. It was hard. I was hurt, lonely and I couldn't find a job for the life of me because the economy tanked. 

And for three years, I didn't date. I had very little to do with guys. I cared, but I didn't.

And then for the past two years with the job and graduate school all figured out, I dated all different kinds of guys and found myself single again. And today as I left work, my third French teaching job in a year, I felt very happy with it just being me again.

I get up, I go to work, I speak French and then I come home and watch Mad Men on netflix while I craft. I even stained my desk chair to match my new furniture. I've been reading all of the books I've had piling up and I am even nearly finished making the softest baby blanket in the history of the world.

The yarn was just so soft, I had to buy it even though there is no baby for this blanket, but seriously, this blanket just had to exist. And it will and will probably be given to one of my college friends that are all getting married and you know, having babies. Or, it will sit in my closest until that day where I need it.

It's weird, I blinked and suddenly everyone I went to school with has moved on with their lives. I have too, but I am officially the last one that's still waiting on that special guy to show up. That idea used to scare the crap out of me, being the last one. But it has happened and I'm happy.

I'm just doing me. This year was a big one, my first  "real" job, having a boyfriend for a hot second, buying a car, getting completely out of debt, paying back student loans - it was like hello, adulthood. And I did it. I did it all.

I have a banging art program all planned for the summer and a whole bunch of new adventures starting. It's a good feeling and I am enjoying my dating hiatus. Which has a totally undefined ending point. I think the next time I start dating someone will be far into the future and it will also have to be someone that wows me from the beginning. The next one, is going to be the right one and until then, I'm just going to teach, paint, knit, watch copious amounts of netflix and craft.

He's out there, he's just with all the wrong women right now and he's going to have to find me, I'm done looking for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment