Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Teacher Tired, It Kills

I remember being younger, probably college, and hearing about some super star musician having to cancel concerts because of "exhaustion."

And I thought, what bull shit. You make millions of dollars to entertain people-- how can you be that tired that you have to cancel?

Well, as someone who does not make millions and has to both entertain AND teach teenagers everyday...I kind of get exhaustion now. This is the first year that I am really feeling it. I'm just tired all the time. I don't want to do much once I leave my classes other than stare at a wall when I get home.

Last night? Last night I got home and laid down. I got up and made dinner. Ate dinner and promptly fell asleep on the couch by 8:30. I didn't wake up until 6AM and was quickly in a panic to get gas, make my lunch, breakfast, coffee and shower.

And you know what? I'm STILL tired.

Today is a double teaching day too: 8th grade all day, college freshman all night.

Teacher tired, it kills.

No comments:

Post a Comment